This is what I use for my pancakes whenever I have fresh berries laying around. Any berries can work. I had raspberries. I smothered my pancakes with this and topped it with blueberries. See fluffy pancakes recipe here. Yums!
- ¼ cup coconut water
- ½ cup firmly packed chopped pitted dates
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 cups fresh raspberries (frozen don't work well)
- Natural liquid sweetener (optional)
- Pour the coconut water into your blender and add the dates. Blast on high for 30-60 seconds, until the dates have broken up. Scrape down the sides of the container, then add the chia seeds and ½ of the raspberries. Pulse on low a few times, just to break up the berries. Add the remaining raspberries and pulse a few times on low to get a thick, chunky consistency. If the jam is too tart, stir in the liquid sweetener to taste. Go easy, or the jam will get runny.
- Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes-the chia seeds will thicken the jam and the flavors will develop. The jam will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Note: There's no cooking time in this recipe! Any fresh fruit can wok from berries to mangoes to figs. This is YUMMY!